Sunday, November 15, 2009

Math Homework Help?

Ok they way this question is asked I am not sure if I am geting the right answer...





A market survey is conducted to determine whether a sports store should carry expensive training equipment for Skiers.





The proportions of people who participate in Skiiing, Skating, and racquet sports are as follows...





Skiing 0.40


Skating 0.55


Racquet Sports 0.35


Skiing and Skating 0.05


Skiing and Racquet Sports 0.15


Skating and Racquet Sports 0.15


All 3 0.05





What is the probability that a person chosen at random does Skiing?








So I got 0.40 - (0.15+0.05+0.05) = 0.15 are just skiers





After that I am stuck becuase the figures I used in my venn diagram do not add up to 1.00 which I am assuming to be 100% ..... ?

Math Homework Help?
As I read this 40% of the people ski. So 60% do not. Or was the question skis only?
Reply:45%


you need to account for the mixed data by itself and not add it to the other data - the 3 basic sports %'s add up to 100% on their own


No comments:

Post a Comment